I just love to make homemade popsicles for the kids. I know what is going in them is healthy. Since my popsicles are mostly fruit and yogurt. I am really trying to stay away from high fructose corn syrup, which is in most of the popsicles you buy. This is a super simple recipe and you can replace the ingredients to make any combination of healthy fruit or yogurt you can imagine. This past week we made…
Homemade Healthy Popsicles
strawberry banana lime
2 Bananas cut up
2 Lime Yogurt 6oz cups
½ Cup Strawberry puree (I use frozen)
1. Cut up bananas and place in the bottom of blender. The bananas makes these homemade healthy popsicles thick like ice cream.
2. Add Yogurt, then add strawberries.
3. Blend on puree for two minutes. Taste to see if you like it. I don’t add any sugar unless I use a lot of berries and it is a little tart. Then I add powdered sugar a teaspoon at a time. I usually only need around 2 at most. You can even add honey.
4. Pour into popsicle molds. And Freeze. (I have the cheap kind) I just can’t see me making enough popsicles to pay $50.00 or more for popsicle molds.
5. Run popsicles under warm water to pull from mold and enjoy! We just love these
I have to say I feel so good knowing my kids are eating real fruit, real yogurt and not a lot of extra sugar. There is no high fructous corn syrup in these healthy popsicles. My kids are getting an extra serving of fruit and calcium which I know is good for them. And they think it is a treat. I love to fool my kids!
Do you make your own popsicles? What crazy flavors do like to make for your kids?
~ ~ ~
I can’t wait to see what you have been working on this week. LINK up what you want to show off: