Have you been enjoying your day at the spa treatments? If you happen to just get here take a look at how to make bath salts, facial masks and awesome body scrubs. What better way to feel relaxed than to have a fabulous foot bath at the end of the day? As my body ages, my feet tend to get drier and drier. I thought this was just an old lady problem, and I don’t feel that old! I do want soft, smooth feet. I don’t think my husband wants to snuggle with sandpaper feet at night. So I came up with this fabulous foot bath recipe.
I am falling in love with coconut oil. It has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties to aid in healthy feet. Not to mention a great gentle moisturizer for your feet and skin. We discussed the uses of Epsom salt and sea salt in previous articles. Peppermint oil is great to relax feet and tea tree oil has similar properties to coconut oil, but tea tree oil is much more concentrated. Just remember to use tea tree oil in small amounts. There can be be too much of a good thing.
How to make a Fabulous Foot Bath:
1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil (My new favorite beauty care item)
1/4 Cup of bath Salts recipe (Link to previous post)
10 drops Mint or Peppermint oil
10 drops Tea Tree Oil
Directions for a Fabulous Foot Bath :
1. Find a relaxing spot. (This is probably the most difficult piece of this recipe).
2. Get a towel to dry your feet after they soak. I forget this most of the time, so I thought I should put it in as a step.
3. Get nice warm to hot water in a large container for your feet.
4. Put the 1/4 cup bath salts, coconut oil, peppermint oil and tea tree oil in the container and mix thoroughly. The coconut oil should melt quickly.
5. Allow feet to soak for 20-30 minutes to have refreshed and moisturized feet.
Now you have fabulous foot bath recipe to add to your spa treatments. You could make this quickly every time or multiply the ingredients to make a larger foot bath batch to keep when ever you want to do a fabulous foot soak for yourself. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook to stay connected. How are you enjoying all this pampering?