The best thing about this homemade applesauce recipe is you can use apples you like to make the best tasting applesauce. Here is an apple chart to find the perfect apple for you. Based on this chart you can choose what blend of apples would be the best to use for your own applesauce recipe. How to make applesauce is easy with the apples you like the best. I love golden delicious, since if falls right in the middle of the apple chart. These are just sweet enough without the need to add any sugar.
Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe
My love affair with my slow cooker continues with this homemade applesauce recipe. I broke out my slow cooker once again for this awesome sauce recipe. Yes I think this is what I would call this applesauce. “AWESOME SAUCE!”
Slow Cooker Homemade Applesauce Recipe Ingredients:
4-5 pounds of apples (seriously that is it)
How to Make Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe:
1. Wash four to five pounds of apples. No need for accurate measurements here.
2. The ease in this applesauce recipe is to peel, core and cut apples. Cut apples into large slices. No need to be fancy here, just trying to get all the apples in the pot.
3. Place the apples in the slow cooker on low for around 7 to 9 hours.
4. After 7 hours remove the lid and stir the apples. Sometimes the apples just fall to pieces and make a great apple sauce. Other times you may want to get a masher and mash them up a bit or use a immersion blender to blend up the apples for a smooth applesauce.
5. Get a few canning jars and add the delicious applesauce and seal tight with lids. Place in a large pot of boiling water for about 20 minutes to seal remove and wait for the lids to pop. This applesauce will keep for around 6 months in a dark pantry or a year in the freezer. If they don’t pop eat those first.
This applesauce recipe can be all your own, since you can use the apples you love. Who knew it was this simple? I have to admit I have been canning and making it homemade this year and it has been really nice to enjoy food that I have prepared and put away myself without any added preservatives or chemicals in my food. I know I am giving my kids good food to eat. Now I just need to grow the apple tree to have fresh apples all the time.