I was given free bacon from Petit Jean Meats to help create this recipe. All thought and bacon opinions are my own.
I made heart shaped bacon last year for Valentines Day, so I needed to top it this year with something even better: Cake Batter Pancakes and Bacon recipes. I made these Cake Batter Pancakes with Bacon as a surprise for the kids for Valentines morning. I did a couple of different bacon recipes to try Petit Jean Meats official bacon of the Dallas Cowboys. You just can’t go wrong with bacon and I am a fan of the Cowboys.
How to bake bacon recipes:
1. Start with a good quality bacon, like the official bacon of the Dallas Cowboys from Petit Jean Meats.
2. For heart shaped bacon cut bacon in half and put on on top of the other. Then fold the two tops down to form a heart.
3. Then place the bacon in the oven at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes for perfect bacon. This is really awesome. The longer you leave it in the crispier it will be. I refrigerate my bacon or freeze it for use whenever. Simply pop it in the microwave for about 30 sec and BOOM hot bacon!
4. If you are going to use this for the pancakes take out a few minutes earlier. They will cook more when cooking the pancakes.
Ingredients for Cake Batter Pancakes and Bacon Recipes
1 cup cake batter
1 cup biscuit mix
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup milk
How to make Cake Batter Pancakes with Bacon Recipes:
This recipe is so simple you will probably have it memorized. The trickiest part is remembering there are two eggs instead of one. I used Red Velvet cake mix for nice red pancakes for the chocolate lovers in the house and then I made another batch with Strawberry cake mix for pink pancakes for the one who is allergic to chocolate. Don’t worry he doesn’t know what he is missing, YET!
1. Heat griddle to 375 degrees for the best pancakes. Grease the griddle with butter or oil.
2. Place a piece of bacon on the griddle to let it warm up a bit if it has been in the fridge like mine. Mmmmm the smell of bacon. I seriously wish I had smell-o-blog.
3. Now if you have this cool Pancake Batter Dispenser you can make hearts around the heart shaped bacon. If you don’t have one get one! Your kids will think you are so cool. I usually forget to use it until after the pancakes are already made.
4. Let the pancakes rest on the griddle until the edges get a little dry, then flip them over to cook on the other side.
5. Drizzle with a little homemade Chocolate Syrup recipe from the other day and the kids think you are amazing!
Nothing says love like bacon on Valentine’s Day. These bacon recipes were a big hit this morning at our house.
I want to thank Petit John Meats for providing me with the official bacon of the Dallas Cowboys for this sponsored post. Stay in touch with PJMeats on Facebook. All opinions expressed in this article are my own. All bacon was consumed in the making of this article.