I only make almond biscotti once year around Christmas time. I don’t know why I don’t make biscotti more often! We simply love this easy to make cookie. This year I am on a Chai spice kick. I looked in my pantry to see what ingredients I had to make a biscotti. I wanted something different. My creative juices were flowing, so I found a basic Biscotti recipe and come up with Chai Cranberry Almond Biscotti recipe. I just sorta winged it. This tastes so amazing I wish I could give you a sample with this post!
Ingredients for Chai Cranberry Almond Biscotti Recipe
1 Tablespoon chai spices
1/4 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cranberries
1/4 cup almonds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 Tablespoons cranberry juice (or orange juice, orange liqueur)
Directions for Chai Cranberry Almond Biscotti Recipe
1. Cream butter, sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy on medium speed in the mixer.
2. Add flour slowly then baking powder, salt, chai spices, cranberry juice and vanilla and mix on slower speed.
3. Turn the mixer off and add almonds and cranberries and mix to incorporate in the mixture.
4. Form into two logs and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten the top a little. These lovely logs will spread in the oven a little.
5. Bake on 350 for 30 min for the first time.
6. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for around 10 min.
7. Slice the log on an angle about 1 inch or so to make the biscotti. Place on a baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 – 10 min longer. This will toast the biscotti for a nice crisp biscotti.
Once I tried this chai cranberry almond biscotti recipe, I was in heaven. This is so flavorful and has a lot of wonderful spices from the Chai mix. I wish I had Smell ‘O Blog so you could smell this cooking. The kids were going crazy wanting to try it. I kinda lied and told them this was an adult snack. Sometimes I just gotta keep things to myself. I did make them cookies on Friday.