Do you need a recipe for leftover ham from Easter? This Monte Cristo casserole would be a big hit. At least it was at our house. This will give you something new to put into your rotation around the holidays to use those ham leftovers.
Recipe for Leftover Ham: Monte Cristo Casserole
Ingredients for Monte Cristo Ham Casserole
1 lb of leftover ham cut up or 4 large spiral ham slices $0.99 lb (sale)
8 Biscuits or Biscuit mix $0.50
1 cup of Cheese $0.99
4 eggs $0.40
2 cups milk $.50
How to Make Monte Cristo Ham Casserole
1. Make a batch of 8 Biscuits or bake a can of 8 biscuits. You can make these ahead of time and freeze them to have them ready for this casserole Monday night.
2. Cut the biscuits in half and layer them on the bottom of a casserole dish.
3. Next add a layer of ham, then cheese, then a little bit of jam or jelly on top. Then stack the other half of the biscuits on the top. You can add another layer of ham or cheese if you would like.
4. Mix the eggs and the milk and pore it all over the top of the whole casserole.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Optional can top with some mozzarella cheese for more ooey gooey goodness.
Serve with left over veggies from your large meal for a balanced meal. Here is a quick an easy recipe for leftover ham casserole for under $5.00 you can enjoy for a different taste after the holidays. This is a great meal under $5 to enjoy any time of year. We always have left over ham after Easter or other holidays and I freeze it to have for later and use this recipe for leftover ham. We all love this recipe at my house any time of year and a great use for anyleftover holiday ham.